Friday, December 11, 2020

The Real Derry girls.🌷🌷


We met in Knock, 2019, Sabrina from Derry, I from Kerry. My friend Ann had just died, Sabrina was a wonderful prayerful support in those early days. Her gentle kind demeanour balm to my aching spirit. We exchanged numbers, who knows, we might meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when.

One year later, November 2020, Sabrina messaged, asking if I would like to be part of their Holy Rosary WhatsApp group, glorious invitation from Beautiful Mother Mary.

We pray Holy Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, beautiful meditations before each decade, Psalms. We sing hymns. We laugh a lot, the Joy of The Lord permeates throughout. Chridessa is Sabrina’s twin sister, hard to tell when one leaves off and the other begins. Both exquisitely walking with Jesus coz He knows the way.

I have always loved the Northern Ireland accent, now I get to enjoy hear it every day. 

Prayer is the life blood of the soul, it brings God’s Light. The Holy Spirit brings peace and consolation when we pray. 

Thank you Father God, your surprises are always the best, my new Prayer pals are a very welcome addition to my life. A Sacred Space in these tumultuous times.

‘What wings are to a bird and sails to a ship, so is Prayer to a soul’. (Corrie Ten Boom)








 

No comments:

Post a Comment