Thursday, December 10, 2020

Christmas Crib.🎄




In the Charity shop window this beautiful crib flagged me down. Knitted lovingly by somebody one time, now sadly discarded. Twenty three euro it cost me, a bargain. Sad to see such an exquisite piece abandoned but for me what a ‘find’. 

Perfect for Helen’s Cafe. I would lend it to her, not give, it danced right into my heart the moment I set my eyes on it. Helen loved it too, conversation starter, it took on a life all of its own. Well, is anything in this world more full of life than the humble Crib!!

After Christmas I didn’t take it back, I would leave it with Helen for another Christmas. However, this year Helen’s Cafe closed, Corona anxiety. Beautiful crib is mine again. 

Today, I put the beautiful figures in a large brown envelope and posted it to my grandchildren, their very own crib. While they look forward to Santa, they will be reminded to await the Birth of Jesus too. It will be loved and cared for, they will be fascinated never having seen anything like it, ever. 

Thank you, gifted knitter, you brought Baby Jesus to my grandchildren this Christmas, your beautiful crib is home.

‘And the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us’. (John 1:14)



No comments:

Post a Comment