Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Only the present moment of Love.🌺


“Give all your loving attention to each little moment. Think of this all your life through. Nothing of the past. Nothing of the future. Only the present moment of Love”. (Jesus beautiful words to Gabriel Bossis) 

Jesus is offering us a care-free way of living, if we would just place our trust in Him. He walked this earth, He knows how difficult life can be, if we would but follow Him. Jesus does not just know the way: He is The Way. ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me’. (John 14:6)

In the Transfiguration, when Jesus was being glorified on Mount Tabor, Father God spoke from Heaven; ‘This is my Beloved Son, listen to Him’. Sadly, up and down the centuries, that sublime invitation has fallen mostly on deaf ears. Yes, we walk by Faith, but it is my experience that the deeper my walk with Jesus, signs and wonders light up my path, fortifying my belief, letting me know I am on the right path. Jesus walks with me, I am never alone, of this I am certain and extremely grateful, every minute of every day.

‘The soul that has God as it’s best friend trusts God, because the soul knows that God always organises everything for the best’. (Mechthild of Magdeburg)

Directly after Holy Mass today, we were privileged to have Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Radiation therapy of the highest order. As Father was exposing The Blessed Sacrament on the Holy Alter, almost all of the congregation got up from their seats and walked out the door, rushing to get on with their care-filled lives, I was so sad for Jesus, I wanted to cry. I was sad for the people who left too, they did not know Who they were ignoring. 

My heart was pierced deeper still, seeing the first Holy Communion Class being led out the door by their teachers. How excited the children would have been had they been told, that the selfsame Jesus they will be receiving into their souls for the very first time in a few short months was gazing on each one of them and all of us with pure Love, from the Holy Alter.

‘No one can give to another that which he possesses not himself’. (St. John Vianney)

Imagine if you will, Pope Francis offering Holy Mass in our Church this morning. Now that would be a totally different scenario. Paparazzi, celebration, queues, excitement, total reverence, everyone hanging on to his every word. That is how it should be of course, but how much more then should we behave in the presence of Jesus, our beautiful Lord and Saviour. Were we to stop and think for one minute, we might just be aghast with ourselves, totally horrified even.

Visiting with a therapist who promises everything for a hefty sum, seems to be far more palatable to us than placing our trust in Jesus who yearns to shower His Grace on us, asking nothing in return. What if God would begin to charge a fee?. Would we flock to Him then? But then why would He? God owns everything, all the money in the world is His. We own nothing but our free will. We would simply be returning to Him what is rightfully His. 

Oh the peace and serenity we miss because we forget to remember that God is our Father. We forget that His Love envelopes us and that He has our best at heart, all the time.

‘I would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you’.                (Psalm 81:16)

‘I have a burning thirst to be honoured in the Blessed Sacrament, and I find hardly anyone who strives, according to my desire, to allay this thirst by making me some return of Love’.                                    (Jesus to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque)

‘Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: The Blessed Sacrament….There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth.’(J.R.R.Tolkien)






No comments:

Post a Comment