Saturday, December 26, 2020

Paulina’s Book. πŸ“–



Corona is the reason Paulina is beginning to write her book today. She cannot visit us in Kerry, we cannot visit her in Cork, nothing to do but begin writing. Adverse conditions can be the catalyst for so much greatness. No matter where we hail from, South Africa or remotest Kerry, we are, all of us, fundamentally the same. We defer, postpone until conditions are perfect, until we are ‘in the zone’. Hence the axiom; ‘Procrastination is the secret of failure’.

Writing is so liberating. One must begin for the creative juices to flow, waiting for inspiration rarely works. Once the mind is aware there’s a task in hand, it steps up to the plate, gifting, surprising us with gems and diamonds.

Title: ‘To be a Refugee in Ireland’.

I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer’. (Anne Frank)



No comments:

Post a Comment