Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Chocolate Kindness☀️



3PM live-streamed Holy Rosary in Church today lifted my flagging spirits, shifting my gaze to higher ground. Just being near beautiful Jesus in Holy Tabernacle comforting beyond words. Encountering Jesus, we encounter that lasting joy that sustains us.

‘Silent Night’ instead of usual final hymn in this sublime Christmas time. Always my favourite carol but sacrosanct now having sang it at dear Katy’s Funeral Mass as she was being led away for burial.

Afterwards in Centra Foodstore, genial young shop assistant offered me his condolences, visibly upset for me. Then, smiling sadly he handed me bar of Dairy Milk chocolate: ‘I got you this for Christmas. Thank you for all the chocolate you gave us during the year’, he uttered.

Enduring power of kindness. How utterly thoughtful! Young friend’s kind gesture filled me with joy making me smile for a while.☀️

‘How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world’.                           (The Merchant of Venice)


‘Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows Me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life’. (John 8:12)




No comments:

Post a Comment