Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Gustie’s seashell 🐚

                       ‘Those whose hearts are pure are the temples of the Holy Spirit’. (St. Lucy)


‘Hello Bridget this is for you, there’s ice in it’, joy-filled little boy who gifted me a ‘blue star’ last week, on my way to Holy Mass. Bitter cold, ice everywhere.🧊 

The way he calls my name touches my deepest heart. 

His name is Gustie I learned and his grandmother is Olga. She and I met in Church when they came to our town from war-torn Ukraine almost one year ago now. Back then myriad tears, today calm and laughter. Not that any radical changes have taken place in their situation, war still raging in her homeland but Olga is radiantly grateful that her family are safe and sleeping at night.

Tomorrow I will bring Olga sweets for little Gustie. Our brief beautiful encounters warm the cockles of my heart. Jesus, our elder brother present in our midst. Palpable☀️

This afternoon Killian home safe and sound from Vancouver for Christmas. (minus his baggage!!🧰). Arduous journey, flights cancelled, London Heathrow mayhem. All is well, so good to have him home and sleeping soundly under my roof this night.

Thank you Father God, we have so much to be grateful for. Freely freely we have received, freely freely we will give. In Jesus Holy Name. Amen


   Ghost town🧊🧊🧊



No comments:

Post a Comment