Monday, December 26, 2022

Christmas tablecloth.๐ŸŒบ


I dropped stuff into the Charity shop and then continued on my way to pray Holy Rosary in Church. In that sublime oasis of peace random thought danced into my heart. I would place the beautiful Christmas tablecloth my dear sister Katy gifted me twenty years ago on kitchen table as soon as I returned home. Katy loved that Christmas tablecloth herself but she knew I loved it even more so one Christmas she just took it off her table and gave it to me - Katy all out!,

Thrilled with the outcome, delightful centrepiece from my sister Agnes, lights from my daughter- in-law Fiona, I forwarded Katy the above picture and text. Simultaneously my phone rang - Katy’s husband Donal ringing to impart those heartbreaking horrendous words I shall never forget: ‘Terrible news Biddy. Katy is dead’. 

She died as I was texting her - we were together in Spirit during her final moments on this earth. Thank you Father God for the immense comfort I glean from that precious nugget in these desperately distraught days. 

Suddenly and with absolutely no warning at all Katy was taken out of her shoes,Tuesday last at 5.33 PM. My ‘twin’ although we were born one year apart.❤️

May the Lord have mercy on your gentle soul my dearest Katy. 

‘Nothing is more beautiful than Love. Indeed Faith and Hope will end when we die, whereas Love, that is, Charity, will last for eternity’. (Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati)



No comments:

Post a Comment