Saturday, December 31, 2022

Duet with Jesus๐ŸŽถ❤️

‘Not me but God’. (Blessed Carlo Acutis)

So wonderful to be back receiving Holy Eucharist at Holy Mass in my own Church this morning. I sang ‘Silent Night’ once more. 

Chatting with three young Belgian guys as they roamed around Church in ‘tourist mode’. After a while I asked: ‘Do you know Jesus’. One replied ‘Of course’. I shared how I sang at my sister’s funeral a few days ago and only Jesus could help me do that. No way could I have done it alone! Duet with Jesus๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

No sooner had I spoken those words when the second guy shifted his gaze to Holy Tabernacle and made the sign of the Cross over himself devoutly meaningfully. Palpably, something - SOMEONE - slotting into place in his heart right before my eyes. Singular moment of Grace! Quite extraordinary! 

‘I am sorry for your sadness’, he uttered as we parted. In the economy of salvation nothing is wasted, Father God makes use of every morsel we surrender into His loving Hands with open hearts.

‘I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing’.   (John 15:5)

Thrilled to be back again too in St. Anne’s for delightful Holy Rosary. My Auntie Bridie prayed five Hail Mary’s and her daughter sobbed in surprise and joy, witnessing her dear Mom remember every word crystal clear. Sheila told me she loved praying her decade, I told her I loved hearing her pray it too. When I complimented her on her brightness, she replied: ‘I don’t know dear. There are no mirrors in this place’.๐Ÿ˜‚ Beyond grateful spending time with my precious folk, I savour every second in their light-filled midst.

Tea and cake in the cozy home of young gentle couple I offered my prayer to over a year ago. Wonderful faith-sharing encounter - Grandmother me, new parents them. Right this minute my phone bleeped: ‘We had such a gorgeous evening...it was food for our soul’. Yes it most certainly was๐Ÿ’Ž

Buying Goodfellas pizza in Centra Foodstore on way home, loud Steve queueing just behind me could not resist calling out for all to hear: ‘Take that mafia pizza away Bridget’.

I thanked him for making me laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚

Spread Love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier’.                          (St. Mother Teresa)






No comments:

Post a Comment