Thursday, December 15, 2022

Road trip ๐Ÿš™

‘All this day O Lord, let me touch as many lives as possible, for You’. (Mary Sumner/1898-1921)

Road-trips back on!!  Killian’s impressive rented Skoda rearing to go this bright beautiful frosty morning, conditions perfect.

While Killian fulfilled his dental appointment, I eagerly visited  ‘New-to-me’ Church.  Sister Nan approached me as I walked in the door uttering the words: ‘Here’s a very happy lady’. I told her I’m always thrilled visiting Jesus. ‘You probably have more than enough prayers already’, I laughed (when I realised she was a Nun) but Sister Nan accepted my prayer anyway and will pass it on. I told her that nowadays I am delighted to be known as ‘Nan’ too, precious grandchildren granting me the sublime privilege.

Diligent ladies joyfully putting everything in place for Nativity play in Church tonight, first one since lonesome lockdowns. As I sat praying Holy Rosary quietly, one of the them, young pretty girl, told me that her dear sister sadly passed away recently. She read my prayer silently and accepted it with the words; ‘This has made my day’. She accepted some prayers for the other ladies too.

Wonderful encounter with lady on my way from Church to nearby village. Accepting my prayer, she told me that today would have been her late Dad’s 80th Birthday and he was a ‘great man of prayer’. Deeply moved by my timing (being offered a prayer randomly on such a special day) she went on to say that much heartbreak has occurred in her life and for that she gets very cross with God. I truly believe that her dear Dad is exceedingly happy his heartbroken daughter and I ran into each other this beautiful bright frosty morning.๐Ÿ˜ƒ She accepted prayers for family members too.

At the traffic lights, impeccably dressed business lady and I almost stepped out too soon, unaware of oncoming car. Stepping back onto the kerb laughing, lady said: ‘We both saved each other there!!. ‘May I offer you a prayer I love to say and share?’, I asked. ‘Ok, go on then’, she replied, somewhat shocked, ‘I like your coat’, she added, high praise indeed. When I told her that all of Heaven would be minding her and her loved ones as she prays my prayer every morning, ‘Really’, she replied sincerely, like perhaps there might be a grain of truth in the words I had just imparted. 

Tea and Danish pastry in heavenly cafe which could easily be named ‘The Chocolate Factory’.   Calling to mind my favourite movie of all time. Gene Wilder๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ˜€ (New movie pointless and unnecessary methinks!!)

Killian’s appointment over, road- trip continues.๐Ÿš™

‘At one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of Light’.                   (Ephesians 5:8)


                                                       The Chocolate Factory ๐Ÿฐ ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฅฎ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ

No comments:

Post a Comment