Saturday, December 17, 2022

Nothing has changed.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป


Heading to town this morning my granddaughter Aoife asked: ‘Are we going to Mass, Nan’. We were not, we were going on a fun shopping spree. I was immediately reminded of an event which took place many moons ago...One thing renews another!!

Thirty years ago, worn out and shattered, Eric offered to look after our children Eric, Ruairi and baby Diarmuid, granting me a whole afternoon and evening to myself. Unbeknownst to them I went to my much needed bed, that way I could rest easy while still keeping an eye on proceedings. I could ‘return home’ at a moment’s notice.

10.30PM and still not home, I heard Dad ask: ‘Did Mom say where she was going?’. To which Ruairi replied nonchalantly: ‘She’s probably at Mass’. 

Holy Mass - My ‘go-to’ place thirty years ago. My ‘go-to’ place today too. Nothing has changed Thank God.



                                                               My boys and me today.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป❤️

I purchased her today from Claire O’Driscoll who knits toys. I named her Betsy after Corrie Ten Boom’s gentle sister Betsy who died in Auschwitz . Corrie’s book is ‘The Hiding Place’. Well worth a read!!
Gifted Knitter lady and her two grandchildren accepted my prayers. Corrie and Betsy will be pleased.☀️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

No comments:

Post a Comment