Friday, December 2, 2022

Ukrainian guests ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

‘There is nothing more beautiful than to know Jesus and to speak to others of our friendship with Him’. 
(Pope Benedict Emeritus)


‘Google Translate’ gifted two handsome Crimean guys and I encounter extraordinaire on my way home from Holy Mass today. Displaced men coping the only way they know how in this new strange environment they find themselves in through no fault of their own. In no way gloomy, they informed me that Crimea and Ireland are extremely similar but we in Ireland have more rain. In the midst of so much trouble and strife we could smile. Yes of course they pray every day for their harassed homeland. Both gentlemen gladly gratefully accepted my prayer. 

I strolled on home by the river and wow๐Ÿ˜€ three waterhens to behold. Oftentimes one, sometimes two, extremely rare to witness three waterhens glide along in perfect unison. Simple abundance☀️

After 3Pm live-streamed Holy Rosary in Church, Joan and I went for tea. Young delightful girl serving us, extremely helpful. I offered her my prayer and instantly tears fell from her eyes. ‘I am returning to Ukraine tomorrow and I am very afraid. Thank you so much for this’, she said, holding up my prayer. Thing is, I did not really want to go for tea. I only went because Joan was cold and needed a hot drink. As always, God set the whole thing up.

Spending precious time with my Ukrainian brothers and sisters is not only exceedingly enjoyable, it also comes naturally to me. Our happy childhood home, stonethrow  from the Atlantic Ocean and my dear Dad, fisherman, regularly would take holidaymakers for trips in his little boat ‘Star of the sea’. For as long as I can recall I loved the thrill of meeting and chatting with folk from different parts of the world and that has stayed with me up and down the long years.

Sharing my prayer completes the whole package, letting folk know what Jesus means to me. My life vocation, doing what I love and hopefully doing a little good in the process.

Who could ask for anything more!!

                                      ‘All wealth which is not my God to me is poverty’. (St. Agustine)


 
                                                              Solo Tony ๐Ÿˆ‍⬛ tonight.๐Ÿ˜ƒ❄️
                                                             Solo Jim ๐Ÿˆ too.๐Ÿ˜€❄️

No comments:

Post a Comment