Friday, October 30, 2020

Freedom.🌠


‘Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty I’m free at last’. (Martin Luther King)

Being merciful towards others is easy for me to do and with very good reason. My many poor decisions are always in the periphery, waiting to hijack without warning, reminding me of instants in my life that were definitely not my finest moments. If that is how other folk feel when in need of my forgiveness, then I will never add to their pain and suffering. I forgive unconditionally from my deepest heart.

Only very recently did it dawn on me that to forgive myself, offer to me the same mercy I show to others, might well be the greatest gift I could ever give myself. Well, it makes perfect sense! if God readily forgives me in the Sacrament of Confession, then it follows that I must therefore forgive myself. Liberating logic. 

So there it is, no more wasting valuable time, God says I’m free and so I am free indeed. Huge weight lifted, another little piece of my brittle heart patched up.

I never tire of passing on this riveting revelation to anyone and everyone. Life-changing...

‘Be kind and compassionately to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you’.       (Ephesians 4:32)



Force yourself, if necessary, to forgive those who offend you, from the very first moment. For the greatest injury or offence you can suffer from them is nothing compared to what God has forgiven you’.
(St. Jose Maria Escriva)


No comments:

Post a Comment