Saturday, October 24, 2020

Prayer and Sleep. 😴

‘Deeper your prayer, the deeper your sleep. There is a direct correlation’. Wisdom from on High, gifted to my heart in my sleep. Next morning, I looked up ‘correlation’ in my dictionary: mutual relationship or connection between two or more things. 
 ‘I will praise The Lord who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me’. (Psalm 16:7).

As my walk with Jesus deepens, my sleep deepens too. Sounds almost too good to be true, and yet, how can it be? Is that not what Faith in our ever Loving God is really all about? Being minded, cared for, shielded, the more we trust, the more we relax. Let go, let God. Sleeping is God’s super gift of relaxation to our tired bodies and souls.

‘It is I who send you sleep. This is another way of loving you. You fall asleep and yet I never cease to look at you.’. (Jesus to Gabrielle/He and I)

Doing God’s Will to the best of my ability, enables me to sleep better at night. Sleeping better at night empowers me to do God’s will to the best of my ability each day. With Wonderful Father God, every little thing is made to measure, in the economy of Salvation nothing wasted. 

‘When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down your sleep will be sweet’.             (Proverbs 3:24)


‘God, creator of all things, ruler of the sky, Who clothe the day with beauteous light, the night with grateful sleep, that rest may weakened limbs restore for labor’s needs, and ease our weary minds, and free our worried hearts from grief’. (St. Ambrose)

As I journey on I can claim without one scintilla of a doubt; ‘The deeper my prayer, the deeper my sleep. There is a direct correlation’. As I move away from delving into stuff that does not concern me and focus on what God is asking of me right here, right now, peace flows gently like a river. Morbid self-analysis and despair scarper. Sleep comes easy. πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒΈπŸŒ

‘It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for He gives to his beloved sleep’, ((Psalm 127:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment