Thursday, October 1, 2020

Recycled Teenagers.πŸ‘―‍♀️




In our early twenties, we drove through town in Sheila’s Morris Minor car.  Today we would look so cool, back then we looked just like everyone else. Our friendship is forty six years young. When my Dad died, Sheila took my Mom to Bingo, the dawn of a very enjoyable period in her life. My Mom got a whole new lease of life, we never forget Sheila’s kindness, my siblings and I.

The intervening years, in between what might have been and what has come to pass, I moved to Dublin, Sheila stayed home. We both got married, raised families, got on with the business of living. Thirty years later, I moved home again, seamlessly, effortlessly, we are back where we began.

Driving through town yesterday I said, ‘ Look at us, all these years later, we are doing exactly what we did way back then, nothing has changed, how blessed are we’. ‘Yes’, replied Sheila - ‘we are recycled Teenagers with years of experience’.

‘It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to settle for anything less than the best, that’s what it will give you’. (W. Somerset Maugham)



                                                      
Christmas 2022, Sheila’s daughter Catriona and Killian were wed. My  Killian and I attended their wedding. Wonderful beautiful occasion.❤️πŸ™πŸ»







No comments:

Post a Comment