Thursday, October 29, 2020

Lift up your spirit and love God’. (St. Padre Pio)☀️

 

‘If we really knew just how much time was left for us, how many years or months or weeks, we’d cease to fret and fuss about the unimportant things that fill our lives today, using every precious hour before it slipped away. If we knew exactly what the span was going to be, we should value Time and live each minute gratefully, wasting nothing of its treasure, sifting false from true, making up for all the time we’ve squandered, if we knew’.

Terrorist attack in Nice, sheer horror. Three people have lost their lives, may The Lord have mercy on their gentle souls. Feeling of helplessness can be all consuming in a time such as this but then I am reminded of what it is I can do. I can pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the souls of the deceased, most essential wonderful prayer. I can go on doing whatever I am asked to do in this small plot of earth I inhabit, with a willingness and smile, no matter the circumstance, issue or trial.

Today, my offering seems puny and paltry but God wastes nothing in the economy of Salvation. Every tiny thing gets used for the greater Good. Our Faith points always to the big picture.

I am not burying my head in the sand, I am just hoping to do whatever little good I can, in whatever time is left to me on this earth. With God’s glorious grace, bloom where I am planted, make a difference and leave my footprints in the sands of time.

‘You must be the change you wish to see in this world’. (Mahatma Ghandi)

‘Don’t spend your energies on things that generate worry, anxiety and anguish. Only one thing is necessary: Lift up your spirit, and love God’. (St. Padre Pio)


No comments:

Post a Comment