Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Divine Mercy.πŸ™πŸ»


We began to chat about Ireland, man seated next to me on the bus to Victoria this morning. Once upon a time he was on vacation in Kerry. After a while I asked if he was holidaying in Victoria right now and his reply changed everything. ‘Today is a very sad day for me. I am on my way to the hospital and I hope I get there before my son Michael passes away’. 

Speechless I offered him my prayer and he accepted saying; ‘I could use all the strength I can get right now’. Asking if it would be ok that I pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for his son Michael, Barry agreed gratefully. I explained best I could the importance of praying the Chaplet when a person is passing from this world, how it appeases the wrath of God, how Michael’s soul will find peace and his death be a happy one. (Elevator pitch!)

‘When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between my Father and the dying person, not as a just judge but as a merciful Saviour’. (Jesus to St. Faustina)

Rosary beads in hand I prayed while Barry sobbed quietly. I shed a tear too. Singular moment of Grace, pure Divine Mercy covering Michael, his Dad, and each one of us on that Victoria bus this morning. Beauty from ashes, nothing impossible with God.

Chris who served us lunch in his restaurant refused my prayer like he was dismayed to be offered such a thing. Extremely helpful young man, we had a ton of fun and riveting conversation. As we took our leave I said; ‘I know you don’t want my prayer Chris but I will pray for you always’. Chris’s smile will remain forever in my heart. ‘I am so happy to meet you Bridget’, he replied. Mere mention of Prayer softens hearts, letting light of Christ shine brightly in dark places. I must never ever take refusals personally.

The pleasant friendly guy who offered to take our photo (we were about to take a selfie on the ferry) told us that we would really enjoy Victoria as it is a great place for ‘old people’.!!!

Robin, looking much younger than her forty eight years sat on the footpath wrapped in a blanket. She accepted my prayer and yesπŸ‘ she knows Jesus is real. Her anguished expression pierced my heart as she placed the money Mary gave her in her well worn wallet. I couldn’t help wondering how beautiful Robin found her way to this dark dank awful corridor of pain and suffering.πŸ˜ͺ

On journey home we visited Canada’s longest pier but too exhausted to walk the whole way. Drained in the most glorious way, being the Hands and Feet of Christ enormous privilege. Jesus does all the heavy lifting, I simply tag along.

‘But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, that no flesh should glory in His presence’. (John 1:27-28)




                                                            Victoria Parliament Buildings.



No comments:

Post a Comment