Friday, May 13, 2022

Vancouver ✈️πŸ™πŸ»

Sitting with my tea in this cosy bright apartment on the other side of the world ☕️, we arrived in Vancouver last evening, Mary and I. Killian met us at the airport and as always, he went above and beyond, catering for our every need and want. Tea bags, milk, SIM cards, adapters, Chinese Takeaway, hot water bottles and lots more. Typical thoughtful Killian had everything under control. 

Beyond tired, (muck in my eyes!) eleven hours flying and myriad hours besides watching and waiting in-between. Having said all that, delightful journey. Kind generous folk everywhere we turned. On flight monitor I watched and totally enjoyed ‘To kill a mocking bird’. Earphones too for our comfort. Tearjerker back thenπŸ₯² - how much moreso today in this our day and time.....

Just about two hours before landing in Vancouver I began to feel anxious and restless, my eyes felt like they had sand in them. I know now that the terrible tiredness was beginning to take it’s toll. Definitely prompting of the Holy Spirit, I began to pray the Stations of the Cross - ‘Adoration of the Crucified Jesus’ with St. Faustina and St. John Paul II from that delightful little book: ‘St. Faustina’s Prayer Book for Adoration’, by Susan Tassone. 

Uniting my fear and anxiety with beautiful Jesus horrendous sufferings, calm and peace returned to my heart once more. Quite incredibly, time flew by after that, honestly!  Next thing I knew our capable pilot was informing us that we we were about to touch down in Vancouver. Oh my Jesus You are so good to me.

A line from the third Station spoke to my deepest heart in my hour of need: ‘Have the certitude that I am looking at you and supporting you. Do not fear either struggles of the soul or any temptations because I am supporting you; if only you are willing to fight, know that the victory is always in your side’. (Jesus spoke to St. Faustina)

Back to our apartment! Soft luscious carpet under my feet, my cozy bed was like creeping into a giant roll of cotton wool. Pillows, soft as freshly fallen snow. One thing renews another πŸ˜€ I am reminded of a time of great suffering in my life when I stayed overnight with my aunt Kitty and uncle Sonny many years ago. Not only was my bed as soft as eiderdown but I remember waking up next morning sure and certain that they must both be still sleeping (not a sound to be heard about the place) but to my stunning surprise my cooked breakfast was on the table and my kindly aunt and uncle ready to take me to Holy Mass in a beautiful Chapel a little distance away. Gentle kindly folk, that brief respite of pure peace stays with me always.

How different and terrible my life would be without You Dearest Jesus, walking every step of the way to Heaven with me. 

‘Occupy your mind with good thoughts or the enemy will fill them with bad ones. Unoccupied they cannot be’. (St. Thomas More)

                                                         Setting off from Dublin airport.✈️πŸ™πŸ»
                                          Leaving No.6, first leg of my exciting journey.✈️

No comments:

Post a Comment