Saturday, May 7, 2022

‘There’s room Nan’. ❤️


My son Eric and his wife Fiona are gone on a well-earned overnight break and I get to spend glorious, precious time with my grandchildren, Saoirse, Aoife and Cillian. No words to articulate how being around them makes my heart feel. 

Walking, talking, listening, praying, ice-cream, brown bread and jam, Lego, trampoline - sunny list goes on and on.......

Tonight as I was about to read Cillian his bedtime story, moving aside in his bed he told me: ‘Sit down. There’s room Nan’. His beautiful kindly invitation pierced my deepest heart, moving me to tears of joy mixed with profound sadness for the terrorised people of Ukraine and anybody right now not witnessing such selfless love in their lives.

Gigantic gift of unconditional love - it does not get any better than that.

‘Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails’.                 (1corinthians 13:7)

Stoop not to pettiness, things mean and small. Live in a big world - there’s room for us all. Cast off your grievances, start out anew. Live life the big way, and take the broad view’. (Patience Strong)


No comments:

Post a Comment