Monday, May 16, 2022

Life in the cityπŸŽ†

Beautiful Holy Mass in Cathedral of the most Holy Rosary this morning. Magnificent choir. Afterwards as I purchased Rosary beads in the little Legion of Mary shop run by two Phillipino ladies, I spied a statue of  Mother Mary, (Momma Mary to the Phillipino ladies). Over the moon I picked it up for Diarmuid. 

Many years ago in an effort to get our statue of Mary to light up in the dark, Diarmuid placed it on the bulb of a reading-lamp. After some time, extremely upset he told me that: ‘He had burned Mother Mary’s dress’. Diarmuid loved that statue of Mother Mary with the ‘burnt dress’ and when time came for him to go to college, he did not leave home without Her. Alas in the rough and tumble of moving myriad times over the years, his favourite statue got mislaid. He told me lately that he had searched everywhere for it but to no avail. How thrilled am I with my precious find in that tiny sacred shop here in Vancouver.

Outside Church, Lesley in her wheelchair, cup in hand, looking fragile and cold, her once pretty face bone weary. She accepted my prayer happily and as Killian handed me twenty dollars to put in Lesley’s cup, she said: ‘You have a beautiful son’. We promised to pray for one another henceforward. (One thing renews another! Lesley is also the name of my dear Marina’s πŸ’)

In the evening we visited Vancouver Buddhist Temple. Our first time ever and I am so glad we did. Profoundly peaceful.

Shopping in Walmart (endless aisles of useful and useless objects). Macdonalds tasty meals before returning to our apartment for a much needed early night. I like Vancouver.❤️

‘Trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be’. (St. Teresa of Avila)

Dear Marina and her faithful Lesley. πŸ’

No comments:

Post a Comment