Saturday, March 18, 2023

Alfresco ☕️ ๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿ˜€

‘The vocation of every man and woman is to serve other people’. (Leo Tolstoy)

                                                         7.30 Holy Mass this morning.☀️๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Same homeless man asleep in doorway only this time he was awake as we returned home from Holy Mass. He gratefully took rosary beads and widow’s mite although I had already put rosary beads in his hand as he lay sleeping another morning. I fetched him hot tea but could get no food. Many shops not open yet.

Breakfast in our hotel I took a bread roll to him. I didn’t feel I was stealing (Hope not!!).

Just as I settled down at last to my own breakfast, Mary pointed to a sign on the wall which read:

Please note that taking away food and beverages from breakfast room is forbidden by management’.

Phew!!!

‘Contrive a way to make the whole of your life a gift. You’ll be happy!’. Find a way to give away what you’ve been given. You’ll be happy!’ (Bishop Robert Barron)


Today (26/3) I confessed ‘bread roll’ theft to my priest. I’m greatly relieved and hugely grateful to God for sublime Sacrament of Reconciliation!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐ŸŒ 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment