Thursday, March 16, 2023

Father God.๐Ÿ“ฟ

                                                             7AM Holy Mass this morning.๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป☀️ 

Bitterly cold as I spy homeless man sleeping soundly in a doorway. Placing rosary beads in his open hand, I go on my way sadly.

Elegant courteous young man tells me: ‘You are the second person to mention God to me today. Already a lady came by and told me: ‘God does not like to see you smoking cigarettes’. He laughs in astonishment!

He never prays, ‘God is just an energy and no more’, he declares vehemently. After we talk a while I suggest: ‘You might place my prayer in a drawer, or a box and perhaps take it out again one day when you are as old as I am now’, to which he replies: ‘No. I will now place it in my wallet’.

We discuss cruel unjust Ukraine war, both of us crestfallen. I say: ‘We are not sharing our stuff with Ukraine visitors who reside in our lands now, we are sharing ‘God’s stuff’. What we have belongs to God, we are just stewards. The whole world is in gift form’ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป’

Young man, who for now simply cannot acknowledge God as his loving Father, smiles: ‘That is beautiful’, he replies……

                           ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart’. (Job 1:21)


Morning light☀️

‘My favourite definition of evangelisation: “One starving person telling another starving person where to find bread”. (Bishop Robert Barron)

Twenty years ago when I returned back home with my young boys, windswept, utterly uninteresting and in grave need, had even one person told me: ‘What we have belongs to God. We are just stewards’, I might not have felt so needy and downtrodden. 
For that reason I delight in sharing this precious gem with anyone and everyone and will continue to do so as long as I live.
‘What we have belongs to God. We are just stewards’.๐ŸŽ†



No comments:

Post a Comment