Monday, March 13, 2023

Prague adventure๐ŸŒ 

‘We are born to love, we live to love, and we will die to love still more’. (St. Joseph Cafasso)


First day in Prague and what an adventure thus far. Holy Mass in Franciscan Friary yesterday morning. Sadly I could not receive Holy Eucharist (train leaving Killarney station any minute) but a lady right in front of my pew could not stop coughing and I had just what she needed in my bag - cough sweets. 

Sat in train with three guys returning from stag party, tired but not in the least gloomy. They loved my prayer!!

Tea in Heuston station cafe and a young man asked if I would please get him a cup of tea. Homeless, he told me, and as I gifted him money and prayer, he asked my age. ‘I’m sixty six’, I told him. ‘You have twenty more years’ he told me seriously. (Like he possessed some ‘inside information’). What’s not to love!! As he left cafe holding hot tea he called out: ‘God Bless you Bridget’, kissing my prayer at the same time.

Tanye and Mischa dropped by the station, our final meeting. They will return to Ukraine in two weeks. I gifted them miraculous medals. Mother Mary will keep them safe.๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Taxi drive to Clayton hotel most enjoyable. Driver loved my prayer so much he placed it on display in his cab. This morning, taxi driver here in Prague did exactly the same thing.

Martin, Aimee, Josh, Ryan, Michelle, Gavin and many more received my prayer. I am so happy to be a prayer sharer in these tumultuous times. Our precious young folk are so open and crave deeply the good, the true and the beautiful.

Having just finished preflight breakfast in Dublin Airport this morning and wishing for one more cup of tea when a young waiter approached our table with just two cups of tea on a tray. We told him we hadn’t ordered them but he said: ‘No problem. Mistake. Have them anyway’, strictly refusing payment. Offering him my prayer I told him: ‘When you pray this every morning I am certain that all of Heaven will be minding you’. Over the moon waiter๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป and me too. ☕️

Our God cannot be outdone in generosity!

‘Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever’. (Psalm 23)


Thrilled to meet up with Ruairi, Derm and Shona in hotel last night.❤️

We met for the very first time almost one year ago.๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Peace๐Ÿ•Š️

‘A room without books is like a body without a soul’. (Cicero)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment